For the sporty and adventurous individual, Francolin Creek boasts a wide range of outdoor facilities. Your hosts are happy to assist you with organising a day spent outdoors.
- Game Drives are available on prior arrangement, where guests can enjoy a host of antelope sightings (ten game species). Some of the species include Gemsbuck; Springbuck; Waterbuck; Blesbuck; Hartebeest and Zebra.
- There is an abundance of bird species, hence the name Francolin Creek. Including game birds such as Francolin; Guinea fowl; Pheasant; Waterfowl and Spur fowl
- Hunting is a controlled and popular South African sport, and your host, Wessel can arrange bird and plains game hunting on request.
- Shooting Range for all calibres of rifles, hand weapons and clay pigeon including picnic and braai area. Enjoy a day in the open veldt.
- Yellow Fish and mirror carp fishing can be done on the farm; please bring your own tackle
- Mountain biking. We welcome the mountain biking fraternity; and suggest that you bring your gear and spend the morning exploring the network of gravel roads surrounding the farm.
- Walking trails. Enjoy the freedom of the walks on the farm
- Vegkop battlegrounds - the interesting historical ruins and museum from the war between the Boers and the Matabele tribe, is only a short distance from the farm close to Heilbron
- Wine tasting and sales - We offer wine tasting from our selection of Groote Post, Kloovenburg and Babylons Peak Varietals. Please let us know when you make your booking if you would like to arrange a wine tasting session.
We stock a big selection of wines from these great South African Vineyards and guests are able to purchase wine at wine farm prices.
Please also have a look at our Wine Route Package - Riemland Wine Route
- Olive Products – We offer a range of the luxury olive products from Kloovenburg as the ideal keepsake; including body products (body butters, hand washes etc.) and the most delicious olive oils, dukha, olives and more.